The death toll after an explosion in a coal mine in Türkiye's northern Bartin province on Friday has reached 41, Turkish President Tayyip Erdogan said on Saturday.
Earlier, Interior Minister Suleyman Soylu said 58 of the 110 people working in the mine when the blast occurred were rescued by the teams or got out by themselves.
Soylu also said one miner was discharged from the hospital while 10 were still receiving treatment in Bartin and Istanbul.
Authorities said Turkish prosecutors have launched an investigation into the cause of the incident, but initial indications were that the blast was caused by firedamp, a term referring to methane in coal mines.
Energy Minister Fatih Donmez said a fire in the mine was largely contained, but fire isolation and cooling efforts were continuing after the incident that took place 350 metres (0.2 miles) below ground.
In 2014, 301 workers were killed in Türkiye's worst-ever mining disaster in the western town of Soma, 350 kms (217 miles) south of Istanbul.
U.S. President Donald Trump fired General Timothy Haugh as director of the National Security Agency on Thursday, according to two officials familiar with the decision, and congressional Democrats denounced the removal of the nonpartisan official from a top security post.
Israel stepped up airstrikes on Syria, declaring the attacks a warning to the new rulers in Damascus as it accused their ally Turkey of trying to turn the country into a Turkish protectorate.
The Trump administration moved forward with the sale of more than 20,000 US-made assault rifles to Israel last month, according to a document seen by Reuters, pushing ahead with a sale that the administration of former president Joe Biden had delayed.