Trump calls London mayor a 'disaster' after spate of killings

Jim WATSON / AFP

US President Donald Trump has launched yet another attack on London Mayor Sadiq Khan, calling him a "disaster" in response to violence in the city.

This comes after three men were killed and three others injured in less than 24 hours in London.

"LONDON needs a new mayor ASAP. Khan is a disaster - will only get worse!" Trump said on Twitter.

Meanwhile, Khan's spokesman said the mayor "is not going to waste his time responding to this sort of tweet".

Trump’s feud with Khan dates back several years. The US leader had been critical of Khan's response to the London Bridge attack in 2017, and had called him a "stone cold loser who should focus on crime in London" shortly before landing in Stansted.

More from International News

  • Israeli attacks on Gaza killed 60 people in 24 hours

    Israeli occupation forces committed multiple massacres against families in the Gaza Strip over the past 24 hours, resulting in the killing of at least 60 Palestinians and the injury of 162 others, according to medical reports.

  • Trump fires National Security Agency director

    U.S. President Donald Trump fired General Timothy Haugh as director of the National Security Agency on Thursday, according to two officials familiar with the decision, and congressional Democrats denounced the removal of the nonpartisan official from a top security post.

  • Israel steps up Syria strikes, says Turkey aims for 'protectorate'

    Israel stepped up airstrikes on Syria, declaring the attacks a warning to the new rulers in Damascus as it accused their ally Turkey of trying to turn the country into a Turkish protectorate.

  • US sending Israel 20,000 assault rifles that Biden delayed

    The Trump administration moved forward with the sale of more than 20,000 US-made assault rifles to Israel last month, according to a document seen by Reuters, pushing ahead with a sale that the administration of former president Joe Biden had delayed.

Blogs