Saudi Arabia allows Umrah at 75% capacity

WAM

The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia has allowed its citizens and residents to perform Umrah at 75 per cent capacity.

 The move is part of the second phase of gradual resumption of the pilgrimage, said the Saudi Press Agency, SPA.

Saudi citizens and residents on Sunday performed Fajr prayers at the Grand Mosque with the start of the second phase of allowing poeple to perform Umrah.

The Ministry of Hajj and Umrah, in cooperation with the relevant authorities, have stepped up preparations to serve the pilgrims in accordance with the health and safety standards.

The authorities have taken all precautionary measures, and have made use of technology and electronic systems to ease the procedures.

More from International News

  • Israeli attacks on Gaza killed 60 people in 24 hours

    Israeli occupation forces committed multiple massacres against families in the Gaza Strip over the past 24 hours, resulting in the killing of at least 60 Palestinians and the injury of 162 others, according to medical reports.

  • Trump fires National Security Agency director

    U.S. President Donald Trump fired General Timothy Haugh as director of the National Security Agency on Thursday, according to two officials familiar with the decision, and congressional Democrats denounced the removal of the nonpartisan official from a top security post.

  • Israel steps up Syria strikes, says Turkey aims for 'protectorate'

    Israel stepped up airstrikes on Syria, declaring the attacks a warning to the new rulers in Damascus as it accused their ally Turkey of trying to turn the country into a Turkish protectorate.

  • US sending Israel 20,000 assault rifles that Biden delayed

    The Trump administration moved forward with the sale of more than 20,000 US-made assault rifles to Israel last month, according to a document seen by Reuters, pushing ahead with a sale that the administration of former president Joe Biden had delayed.

Blogs