Saudi Arabia allows tourist, commercial visa holders to perform Umrah

WAM

Saudi Arabia's Ministry of Hajj and Umrah has announced that holders of tourist and commercial visas will now be allowed to perform Umrah during their stay in the Kingdom.

This facility is available for citizens of 49 countries.

They can secure their visas online through "Visit Saudi Arabia’ portal or immediately on arrival at Saudi airports, the ministry said while noting that the decision has been taken to facilitate as many people as possible to perform the lesser pilgrimage, Saudi Gazette reported.

The ministry stated that those who qualify to perform Umrah also include holders of US, UK and Schengen visas.

The latest initiative coincides with the start of the new Umrah season.

It allows people to obtain a tourist visa, valid for a period of 12 months, upon arrival at one of the Saudi airports without the need for prior application, and the visa holders will be allowed to visit the cities and regions all over the Kingdom.

The visa applicants shall be from those countries that are included among the nations eligible for obtaining the electronic visa.

Regarding those who are holders of American, UK and Schengen visas, their visas should be valid, and bear an entry stamp from the issuing country.

Family visit visa holders from different nationalities can also perform Umrah by booking an appointment through the 'Eatmarna' application via their relatives in the Kingdom during their visit to the Kingdom, by applying through the National Unified Visa Platform.

To perform Umrah, visitors must obtain comprehensive health insurance, which includes coverage of COVID-19 treatment costs; accidents resulting in death or disability; and expenses due to flight delays or cancellations.

Those who wish to perform Umrah from nations other than the currently qualified countries, should apply for visas at the Kingdom’s embassies in their respective countries.

More from International News

  • Israeli attacks on Gaza killed 60 people in 24 hours

    Israeli occupation forces committed multiple massacres against families in the Gaza Strip over the past 24 hours, resulting in the killing of at least 60 Palestinians and the injury of 162 others, according to medical reports.

  • Trump fires National Security Agency director

    U.S. President Donald Trump fired General Timothy Haugh as director of the National Security Agency on Thursday, according to two officials familiar with the decision, and congressional Democrats denounced the removal of the nonpartisan official from a top security post.

  • Israel steps up Syria strikes, says Turkey aims for 'protectorate'

    Israel stepped up airstrikes on Syria, declaring the attacks a warning to the new rulers in Damascus as it accused their ally Turkey of trying to turn the country into a Turkish protectorate.

  • US sending Israel 20,000 assault rifles that Biden delayed

    The Trump administration moved forward with the sale of more than 20,000 US-made assault rifles to Israel last month, according to a document seen by Reuters, pushing ahead with a sale that the administration of former president Joe Biden had delayed.

Blogs