Russian bomb killed civilian in Ukraine's Kherson region, Kyiv says

AFP

A local resident was killed in an early morning air attack on Ukraine's southern Kherson region, the governor Oleksandr Prokudin said on Wednesday.

"At about 07:20, the enemy dropped a guided aerial bomb on a residential area of the city (of Beryslav). It hit a house. Unfortunately, a 42-year-old man was fatally wounded," Prokudin said on the Telegram messaging app.

Kyiv drove Russian forces out of part of the Kherson region last November after several months of occupation, but Russian troops have continued shelling the regional capital and areas around it from across the Dnipro River.

Prokudin said that over the past 24 hours, Russian forces had carried out 35 aerial attacks on the Kherson region.

Earlier this week, local authorities ruled on the mandatory evacuation of families with children from the three districts of the Kherson region due to the ongoing bomb attacks.

The authorities said 802 children and their families from 23 settlements must be evacuated.

More from International News

  • Israeli attacks on Gaza killed 60 people in 24 hours

    Israeli occupation forces committed multiple massacres against families in the Gaza Strip over the past 24 hours, resulting in the killing of at least 60 Palestinians and the injury of 162 others, according to medical reports.

  • Trump fires National Security Agency director

    U.S. President Donald Trump fired General Timothy Haugh as director of the National Security Agency on Thursday, according to two officials familiar with the decision, and congressional Democrats denounced the removal of the nonpartisan official from a top security post.

  • Israel steps up Syria strikes, says Turkey aims for 'protectorate'

    Israel stepped up airstrikes on Syria, declaring the attacks a warning to the new rulers in Damascus as it accused their ally Turkey of trying to turn the country into a Turkish protectorate.

  • US sending Israel 20,000 assault rifles that Biden delayed

    The Trump administration moved forward with the sale of more than 20,000 US-made assault rifles to Israel last month, according to a document seen by Reuters, pushing ahead with a sale that the administration of former president Joe Biden had delayed.

Blogs