Qatar to suspend entry of visitors during World Cup

HasanZaidi / Shutterstock.com

Qatar will suspend the entry of visitors through its air, land and marine borders from November 1 to December 22.

The country's Ministry of Interior said the move is aimed at ensuring the smooth and successful organisation of the FIFA World Cup, which runs from November 20 to December 18.

The latest decision will not affect Qatari citizens, residents and GCC citizens holding a Qatari ID card, as well as holders of personal visas and work entry permits, and approved humanitarian cases.

The holders of Hayya Card, which is issued to those attending the World Cup, will also be allowed to enter Qatar during this period, and can stay in the country until January 23.

More from International News

  • Israeli attacks on Gaza killed 60 people in 24 hours

    Israeli occupation forces committed multiple massacres against families in the Gaza Strip over the past 24 hours, resulting in the killing of at least 60 Palestinians and the injury of 162 others, according to medical reports.

  • Trump fires National Security Agency director

    U.S. President Donald Trump fired General Timothy Haugh as director of the National Security Agency on Thursday, according to two officials familiar with the decision, and congressional Democrats denounced the removal of the nonpartisan official from a top security post.

  • Israel steps up Syria strikes, says Turkey aims for 'protectorate'

    Israel stepped up airstrikes on Syria, declaring the attacks a warning to the new rulers in Damascus as it accused their ally Turkey of trying to turn the country into a Turkish protectorate.

  • US sending Israel 20,000 assault rifles that Biden delayed

    The Trump administration moved forward with the sale of more than 20,000 US-made assault rifles to Israel last month, according to a document seen by Reuters, pushing ahead with a sale that the administration of former president Joe Biden had delayed.

Blogs