Power was fully back online for residents of Brazil's south, southeast and midwest regions mid-morning on Tuesday, while it continued to return gradually in northern regions, after an "incident" caused outages across the nation.
In Brazil's north and northeast, power was still being restored before 10:30 am local time (1330 GMT), the mines and energy ministry said in a statement.
Some 16,000 megawatts of power was brought down after an "incident," which was still being looked into, it said.
Mines and Energy Minister Alexandre Silveira has "ordered an investigation into the causes of the incident," the ministry added.
Private power firms operating in Brazil were affected by the outages.
Equatorial Energia and Enel Brasil said they were gradually resuming power supply to their clients, while CPFL Energia said supply had already resumed for all customers.
Israeli occupation forces committed multiple massacres against families in the Gaza Strip over the past 24 hours, resulting in the killing of at least 60 Palestinians and the injury of 162 others, according to medical reports.
U.S. President Donald Trump fired General Timothy Haugh as director of the National Security Agency on Thursday, according to two officials familiar with the decision, and congressional Democrats denounced the removal of the nonpartisan official from a top security post.
Israel stepped up airstrikes on Syria, declaring the attacks a warning to the new rulers in Damascus as it accused their ally Turkey of trying to turn the country into a Turkish protectorate.
The Trump administration moved forward with the sale of more than 20,000 US-made assault rifles to Israel last month, according to a document seen by Reuters, pushing ahead with a sale that the administration of former president Joe Biden had delayed.