Two of Walt Disney World’s four theme parks in Orlando have reopened despite a surge in COVID-19 cases in Florida.
Guests at the Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom will have to wear face masks, undergo temperature checks and follow social distancing rules.
Parades, fireworks and encounters with Disney characters will remain suspended, in a bid to avoid crowding.
Meanwhile, Epcot and Disney's Hollywood Studios will reopen from July 15.
Despite Florida reporting a staggering 109,000 new coronavirus cases over the past two weeks, park executives are confident that adequate safety measures are in place to protect their guests and staff.
"The world is changing around us, but we strongly believe that we can open safely and responsibly," said Josh D'Amaro, Disney's theme park chairman, told the New York Times.
"Covid is here, and we have a responsibility to figure out the best approach to safely operate in this new normal."
Israeli occupation forces committed multiple massacres against families in the Gaza Strip over the past 24 hours, resulting in the killing of at least 60 Palestinians and the injury of 162 others, according to medical reports.
U.S. President Donald Trump fired General Timothy Haugh as director of the National Security Agency on Thursday, according to two officials familiar with the decision, and congressional Democrats denounced the removal of the nonpartisan official from a top security post.
Israel stepped up airstrikes on Syria, declaring the attacks a warning to the new rulers in Damascus as it accused their ally Turkey of trying to turn the country into a Turkish protectorate.
The Trump administration moved forward with the sale of more than 20,000 US-made assault rifles to Israel last month, according to a document seen by Reuters, pushing ahead with a sale that the administration of former president Joe Biden had delayed.