Investigations ongoing into oil attacks, says Saudi

WAM

Saudi Arabia says investigations are still ongoing to determine the source of Saturday's sabotage attack on its oil facilities.

In a statement published on the UAE's news agency WAM, the country's minister of foreign affairs said the incident has caused the suspension of around 50 per cent of Saudi Aramco's production.

They said initial investigations indicate that the weapons used in the attack were Iranian weapons.

The kingdom called upon the international community to assume its responsibility in condemning those that stand behind this act, and to take a firm and clear position against any behaviour that threatens the global economy.

As the investigations are ongoing, Saudi Arabia has confirmed it will invite UN officials and other international experts to view the situation on the ground and to take part in the investigations.

More from International News

  • Israeli attacks on Gaza killed 60 people in 24 hours

    Israeli occupation forces committed multiple massacres against families in the Gaza Strip over the past 24 hours, resulting in the killing of at least 60 Palestinians and the injury of 162 others, according to medical reports.

  • Trump fires National Security Agency director

    U.S. President Donald Trump fired General Timothy Haugh as director of the National Security Agency on Thursday, according to two officials familiar with the decision, and congressional Democrats denounced the removal of the nonpartisan official from a top security post.

  • Israel steps up Syria strikes, says Turkey aims for 'protectorate'

    Israel stepped up airstrikes on Syria, declaring the attacks a warning to the new rulers in Damascus as it accused their ally Turkey of trying to turn the country into a Turkish protectorate.

  • US sending Israel 20,000 assault rifles that Biden delayed

    The Trump administration moved forward with the sale of more than 20,000 US-made assault rifles to Israel last month, according to a document seen by Reuters, pushing ahead with a sale that the administration of former president Joe Biden had delayed.

Blogs