F1 car sent to cancer-stricken boy who inspired Hamilton

twitter

The Mercedes team sent a Formula One car to the cancer-stricken boy who inspired Lewis Hamilton to win the Spanish Grand Prix.

Five-year-old Harry Shaw from Surrey, who is battling a rare bone disease, was shown around Hamilton's car.

"I cannot describe how much it means to us all that Lewis won the race for Harry, and then dedicated it to Harry, too," said the boy's father.

“At a tremendously difficult time in our lives, this has provided us with a big boost, and a big smile.

"He now thinks that Lewis is his absolute best friend, which, for a five-year-old boy, is amazing."

Hamilton had dedicated his Barcelona win to Harry, saying: "Yesterday was a difficult day, but I arrived today and I got this great message from this young kid called Harry and he just became my spirit and that was my inspiration."

Mercedes later shared a video of this beautiful association on their official Twitter handle.

 

More from International News

  • Israeli attacks on Gaza killed 60 people in 24 hours

    Israeli occupation forces committed multiple massacres against families in the Gaza Strip over the past 24 hours, resulting in the killing of at least 60 Palestinians and the injury of 162 others, according to medical reports.

  • Trump fires National Security Agency director

    U.S. President Donald Trump fired General Timothy Haugh as director of the National Security Agency on Thursday, according to two officials familiar with the decision, and congressional Democrats denounced the removal of the nonpartisan official from a top security post.

  • Israel steps up Syria strikes, says Turkey aims for 'protectorate'

    Israel stepped up airstrikes on Syria, declaring the attacks a warning to the new rulers in Damascus as it accused their ally Turkey of trying to turn the country into a Turkish protectorate.

  • US sending Israel 20,000 assault rifles that Biden delayed

    The Trump administration moved forward with the sale of more than 20,000 US-made assault rifles to Israel last month, according to a document seen by Reuters, pushing ahead with a sale that the administration of former president Joe Biden had delayed.

Blogs