Deal with US will not stop attacks on Afghan forces: Taliban

123rf

As the withdrawal of US troops from Afghanistan is being negotiated, Taliban stressed that a pact will not mean an end to fighting government forces.

"We will continue our fight against the Afghan government and seize power by force," said a Taliban commander.

This comes as US negotiators continue to pressurise the Taliban to make a commitment to power-sharing talks with the government and to announce a ceasefire.

Meanwhile, several reports suggest that US President Donald Trump is impatient to get US forces out of Afghanistan.

But, several Afghan ministers fear that the withdrawal could see a return of the Taliban rule and the growth of other terror groups like the IS. 

More from International News

  • Israeli attacks on Gaza killed 60 people in 24 hours

    Israeli occupation forces committed multiple massacres against families in the Gaza Strip over the past 24 hours, resulting in the killing of at least 60 Palestinians and the injury of 162 others, according to medical reports.

  • Trump fires National Security Agency director

    U.S. President Donald Trump fired General Timothy Haugh as director of the National Security Agency on Thursday, according to two officials familiar with the decision, and congressional Democrats denounced the removal of the nonpartisan official from a top security post.

  • Israel steps up Syria strikes, says Turkey aims for 'protectorate'

    Israel stepped up airstrikes on Syria, declaring the attacks a warning to the new rulers in Damascus as it accused their ally Turkey of trying to turn the country into a Turkish protectorate.

  • US sending Israel 20,000 assault rifles that Biden delayed

    The Trump administration moved forward with the sale of more than 20,000 US-made assault rifles to Israel last month, according to a document seen by Reuters, pushing ahead with a sale that the administration of former president Joe Biden had delayed.

Blogs