Boko Haram kills dozens, destroys village in northern Nigeria

iStock

At least 69 people have been killed and a village destroyed after Boko Haram gunmen launched an attack in northern Nigeria's Borno state.

According to reports, the men arrived at the village of Faduma Koloram in vehicles and motorcycles and were armed with AK-47s.

Sources told Reuters that the terror group suspected the villagers of sharing information about their activities with security forces.

Residents, who have arms and have repelled previous attacks, were caught off guard this time, officials added.

More from International News

  • Israeli attacks on Gaza killed 60 people in 24 hours

    Israeli occupation forces committed multiple massacres against families in the Gaza Strip over the past 24 hours, resulting in the killing of at least 60 Palestinians and the injury of 162 others, according to medical reports.

  • Trump fires National Security Agency director

    U.S. President Donald Trump fired General Timothy Haugh as director of the National Security Agency on Thursday, according to two officials familiar with the decision, and congressional Democrats denounced the removal of the nonpartisan official from a top security post.

  • Israel steps up Syria strikes, says Turkey aims for 'protectorate'

    Israel stepped up airstrikes on Syria, declaring the attacks a warning to the new rulers in Damascus as it accused their ally Turkey of trying to turn the country into a Turkish protectorate.

  • US sending Israel 20,000 assault rifles that Biden delayed

    The Trump administration moved forward with the sale of more than 20,000 US-made assault rifles to Israel last month, according to a document seen by Reuters, pushing ahead with a sale that the administration of former president Joe Biden had delayed.

Blogs