33 injured as bus overturns in France

FRANCOIS LO PRESTI / AFP

An investigation has been launched after 33 people were wounded when a Paris-to-London bus overturned in France.

Initial reports claimed that the FlixBus coach toppled as it took an exit from the A1 motorway on Sunday.

Eleven of the passengers are French and 22 are foreign nationals — 10 from Britain, five from the US, two from Romania, and one each from Spain, Australia, Mauritius, Japan and Sri Lanka. They have been sent to hospitals across the region.

In a statement, the Munich-based company said it was in "close contact with local authorities to determine the exact causes of the accident, and to take care of the passengers".

 

More from International News

  • Israeli attacks on Gaza killed 60 people in 24 hours

    Israeli occupation forces committed multiple massacres against families in the Gaza Strip over the past 24 hours, resulting in the killing of at least 60 Palestinians and the injury of 162 others, according to medical reports.

  • Trump fires National Security Agency director

    U.S. President Donald Trump fired General Timothy Haugh as director of the National Security Agency on Thursday, according to two officials familiar with the decision, and congressional Democrats denounced the removal of the nonpartisan official from a top security post.

  • Israel steps up Syria strikes, says Turkey aims for 'protectorate'

    Israel stepped up airstrikes on Syria, declaring the attacks a warning to the new rulers in Damascus as it accused their ally Turkey of trying to turn the country into a Turkish protectorate.

  • US sending Israel 20,000 assault rifles that Biden delayed

    The Trump administration moved forward with the sale of more than 20,000 US-made assault rifles to Israel last month, according to a document seen by Reuters, pushing ahead with a sale that the administration of former president Joe Biden had delayed.

Blogs