Abu Dhabi waives AED 246 million in business penalties

iStock

The Abu Dhabi government is taking further steps to support businesses in the emirate.

Penalties worth a combined AED 246 million are being waived for more than 72,000 private companies.

The decision by the department of economic development is set to benefit SMEs and firms in the commercial and industrial sectors.

The cancelled fines are related to various economic violations, including non-renewal of permits.

A freelancer licensing system has also been launched for Emirati citizens to carry out 52 different commercial activities without the need for office space or being tied to an organisation.

The latest measures are in line with the stimulus package announced by the Abu Dhabi government earlier this month.

More from Business News

  • US starts collecting Trump's new 10% tariff

    U.S. customs agents began collecting President Donald Trump's unilateral 10% tariff on all imports from many countries on Saturday, with higher levies on goods from 57 larger trading partners due to start next week.

  • Nasdaq set to confirm bear market as Trump tariffs trigger recession fears

    The tech-heavy Nasdaq Composite index was set to confirm it was in a bear market on Friday, down more than 20 per cent from a recent record high, as investors fled riskier assets on fears that tariffs imposed by President Donald Trump could spark a trade war and tip the global economy into recession.

  • Dana Gas and Crescent Petroleum exceed 500M boe in Khor Mor field

    UAE-based Dana Gas and Crescent Petroleum, alongside their partners in the Pearl Petroleum consortium, have said the cumulative production from their Khor Mor project, the largest non-associated gas field in Iraq, has exceeded 500 million barrels of oil equivalent (boe).

  • China to impose tariffs of 34% on all US goods

    China has announced a slew of additional tariffs and restrictions against US goods as a countermeasure to sweeping tariffs imposed by US President Donald Trump. The Finance Ministry said it would impose additional tariffs of 34 per cent on all US goods from April 10.

Blogs