Experts warn parents about choking hazard
The number of cases of children choking spiked last month, with experts warning kids are at higher risk due to the size of their windpipe.
The Zulekha Healthcare Group reported four incidents, two of which were fatal.
Dr. Dhiraj Shedabale, Specialist Paediatrician at the hospital, advised parents of the signs and what to do in an emergency situation with children under 1 year.
They warned that children are at a higher risk of incomplete chewing or putting foreign objects into their mouths when they have more free time and are in unfamiliar places.
Dr. Dhiraj Shedabale has some pointers for parents.